This short article is one of the most accurate summaries I’ve ever read about what the author termed The Arrogant Patriarch. I encourage you to read it, bookmark it, and maybe even keep a copy of it for future reference in case it disappears.
This kind of thinking is on the rise again. I mentioned recently in Are We Heading Toward Vision Forum 2.0 and Patriocentricity Again? that I can see the same thing happening that we observed around us in the late 1990s and early 2000s. While it is not an exact match, it is eerily similar.
Here is how the author defines the arrogant patriarch:
- A confidence in his own intelligence
- The student/teacher dynamic
- The tendency toward conflict with others
- The inability to follow
- The tendency to pontificate about one or select Biblical topics
- A desire to limit exposure of his family or comrades to only his views
- A condescending attitude toward the opposite sex
Do these sound familiar? I would guess for many of us they do. If they don’t sound familiar, now you at least know what you are seeing if/when it makes its way into your circle of influence.
Read the full article: The Arrogant Patriarch