There has been a lot of discussion recently on Twitter and other places about the lack of financial transparency among content creators, influencers, speakers, pundits, consultants, etc. specifically as it relates to elections, politicians, etc. Every day we read content online by people we want to assume are giving their honest opinions about candidates, issues, etc. In reality, they are being paid hundreds, thousands, and even tens of thousands of dollars a month to talk a certain line (even to the point of absurdity).
In the interest of being completely open regarding what goes on behind the scenes here, I now publish a financial transparency post each month. The opinions on this website are my own and no one is compensating me to write what I do (either directly or indirectly). I began in July 2023.
I welcome paying sponsors and advertisers. Donations and monthly supporters are also welcome and appreciated.
- Hosting and Domain Registration (per month): $25
- Website Maintenance (pro bono by my husband, but what he charges his clients for a similar website): $49
- Cornerstone Payment Systems (credit card processing): $1
- Salary: $0
- Ad revenue (I no longer use Google ads): $0
- Directly sold advertising: $0
- Sponsored posts: $0
- Affiliate income: $0
- Unpaid cross promotion (value): $0
- Reader donations: $25 (1 donor)
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.